Monday 10 December 2012

Welcome to my Classroom!

Today marked my first full day in my "own" classroom!! I say it like this, because literally, everything in here has been inherited. It's quite a disaster, really. It doesn't look awful, but it is honestly so disorganized, and not to my liking at all. I mean, can we look at the VCOP wall for a minute? We've been in school for almost 2 full terms and there is literally next to nothing on it! VCOP stands for Vocabulary (so we up-level our word choices), Connectives (and, so, because), Openers (therefore, firstly, then), and Punctuation. It's all the rage here in England, so every classroom has a VCOP wall/area. I will be giving mine some attention in the very near future. The walls are quite bare since the teacher took a lot of the stuff with her when she left on Friday. I also want to give the book area some attention, and organize the sink/painting area. 






Today was a whirlwind... trying to memorize all the names while following routines AND doing dress rehearsal for Nativity is bananas. I am certain I have picked the worst time of year to begin because there is so much craziness with Christmas... but at the same time it's good because there is less planning to do! I'm soo tired I can't wait to go to bed. I woke up at 5:30am, caught the tube at 7am, got a train to West Drayton at 7:20, and was at the school by 7:45. I had a meeting with the Deputy Head and my Year partner about midterm planning for the next 2 terms after school. I didn't leave the until almost 5:15pm and then had to catch the train home. It was a LONG day! I had dinner and then I did some more planning and organizing for the upcoming days. I'm about to fall asleep at my computer now, so I'll give you more updates as I have the time. I am so so so excited to embark on this CRAZYYY ride!! xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!